Sunday, March 26, 2017

Oh, spring, what took you so long?

Sunday, March 19, 2017

This is a man's world...?

"Nowadays a woman's main problem is how to find a man who is more man than she is."

Muahahaha :D

Saturday, March 18, 2017


And I'm not easily astonished, trust me, but I just had a rare faith-in-humans-restored moment.

There's a man at my favorite café with his Pinscher. Three boys, aged 7or 8, walked in and, as they saw the dog, went to pet him. Suddenly one of them said "Stop! Don't you see that his tail is curled down? The dog is frightened. We must leave him alone!" The boy stood between the dog and the other two boys and ushered them away.


Sunday, March 12, 2017

Congratulate me not

I wouldn't say that I am a feminist - I don't need to define myself as such. Just to be sure I checked Google for the definition of “feminism” and it's “the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes” - something I don't feel like doing because I don't think that my rights as a human being are abused simply because I was born a woman. And if it should happen I don't take it as a gender thing, I take it as a moron thing. However, the International women's day gets on my nerves every year because neither males nor females stop to think for a moment about how that day came to be in the first place. In my country March the 8th is a celebration of women for no other reason but their gender, that's all. Such a shallow approach to something that is in fact quite meaningful makes me sad, and mad. The lack of common sense always rubs me the wrong way and I find that unacceptable in both sexes. I don't say that people should be downright serious all the time but to use their brains every now and then wouldn't kill them. I wanted to shout at my colleagues “Do you know what we're celebrating today? We're celebrating the fact that our boss is a female, something that some 50 years ago wouldn't have been possible!” Well, I didn't. I don't think anyone would have understood anyway.

Sunday, March 05, 2017

Carpe whatever you can

Obviously I am 20 no more but, let's face it, I will never be 43 again either so I thought it was a good idea to capture the moment. Time is relentless, luckily memories are more merciful and in some 10-15 years from now this picture will make a welcome memory:


I saw 80 % of it - throughout the other 20 % I made sure to keep my eyes shut. I can't help it - I have an issue with graphic displays of violence; and when claws are out it ain't for the show, they mean business. (The movie is 16+ rated, I guess I haven't reached puberty yet ;) )

Even so I saw enough to say this: it's an incredibly good movie! And Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart are great beyond words. Seriously, their performance is an Oscar material. No swan song has ever been so perfect. Hats off!

Saturday, March 04, 2017

A tip

Want to please a 40+ woman? Call her a "girl". Works every time.

Friday, March 03, 2017

Feet of clay

There's no substitute to good heart.

Here I am, sitting next to a bunch of people who look as if they have stepped down from the pages of a fashion magazine, and yet they are the most obnoxious people I've had the displeasure to encounter lately. 

I don't give a fuck about your glamour and money - if your heart is at the wrong place, or missing altogether, you're nothing but a loser. I see you and I don't like what I see.