Sunday, March 12, 2017

Congratulate me not

I wouldn't say that I am a feminist - I don't need to define myself as such. Just to be sure I checked Google for the definition of “feminism” and it's “the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes” - something I don't feel like doing because I don't think that my rights as a human being are abused simply because I was born a woman. And if it should happen I don't take it as a gender thing, I take it as a moron thing. However, the International women's day gets on my nerves every year because neither males nor females stop to think for a moment about how that day came to be in the first place. In my country March the 8th is a celebration of women for no other reason but their gender, that's all. Such a shallow approach to something that is in fact quite meaningful makes me sad, and mad. The lack of common sense always rubs me the wrong way and I find that unacceptable in both sexes. I don't say that people should be downright serious all the time but to use their brains every now and then wouldn't kill them. I wanted to shout at my colleagues “Do you know what we're celebrating today? We're celebrating the fact that our boss is a female, something that some 50 years ago wouldn't have been possible!” Well, I didn't. I don't think anyone would have understood anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home