Tuesday, April 10, 2007

YZ and rip offs

Some fans are quite extreme when they talk about that. Some say downloading the YZ torrent is almost a betrayal and a true NIN fan should not do it no matter how eager one is.

But I disagree that listening to the torrent from Isohunt(I listen to it for the one reason it is quite a good quality rip off) or the stream YZ player on the Spiral(very good quality as well) ruins the experience. I have already preordered the CD and it will arrive (hopefully) within a month. I am aware the CD quality will be even better than what I listen to now. But I intend to listen to the surrogate until I get the real thing. Why? Because it will give enough time to the new album to creep into my mind and plant its seeds there. And when I finally listen to the CD a whole new universe of sounds will be revealed to me and the album will be familiar and new at the same time. I’ll be amazed once again. What could be better than that?!

4 Comments:

Blogger Milla said...

Brava Vera, I agree with you 100% on this matter.

Thank you for posting your diary of the tour; it is very entertaining and also you write soooooooooo well!! It's always a pleasure to read your words.

10:45 AM  
Blogger balance said...

Really?! Please don’t take my answer as fawning but your words are a much appreciated praise to my quite vulnerable right now soul.
There are a lot of details, happenings and impressions that I skipped in my postings-it was too exhausting to write down everything; not to mention it was painful to go through everything all over again while typing.
For example-I had no idea I was supposed to bring my own padlock for the luggage in the Flying Pig Palace in Amsterdam so I had to buy one from the reception. And in the Spiral queue in Amsterdam I was asked one of the oddest questions I’ve ever been asked-a boy from France wanted me to tell him the Bulgarian word for “cool” and to write down that word in Cyrillic-it turned out he has been collecting that word in every possible language. And he also asked whether I’d recommend to him to visit Bulgaria. “Oh, but I can’t take such a responsibility!” I answered. “OK, but at least tell me if the bear in Bulgaria is cheap.” “Yes, I think a half a liter costs around a euro.” “Oh, man, I’m definitely coming to Bulgaria!” he grinned.
I’m glad you’ve enjoyed my adventures :) Please do call me the next time you come in Sofia!

11:28 AM  
Blogger deemight said...

Вера, това със думата на различни езици е страхотна идея! :) Много готинка история, eвала на момчето :D

1:18 AM  
Blogger balance said...

:))) Сетих се и за Dan, който, докато чакахме пак там, каза "Трябва да мисля, че сега в Канада е -30 градуса и тук е топло, тук е топло !", подскачайки за да се сгрее :)

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home