Friday, September 07, 2012

In the mood for purr


One of my closest friends went on a short vacation and she asked if she could leave her cat Bridget in my care while she’s away. Sure, I said. My friend sees that as a favour but to me it’s a privilege. And here we are-Bridget and I, sharing an apartment for a second day now. My friend warned me that Bridget’s not the cuddling type. “It’s nothing personal; it’s in her breed.” Indeed, she doesn’t like to me touched much and I respect her privacy (as much as my hands itch to hold her and pet her I stop myself short from doing so-it isn’t easy ‘cause she’s so cute). But, funny thing, although she denies a caress she seeks it-she comes to me pushing my hand with her head and apparently enjoys the touch of my fingers tickling her behind the ears. She doesn’t like to be photographed either-the moment I try to take a picture of her she gives me an accusatory look and with the grace of a royalty she turns her back to me. Duh! She gets really affectionate at around 5 AM but that’s OK-a kiss from a cat is a lovely way to wake up. Ah, it’s so great to have a pet around.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home