Thursday, August 23, 2012

Darkest


The Dark Knight Rises. Ah, I finally saw it yesterday. What can I say? Of all superheroes Batman is my favorite-because he’s only human with no superpowers and there’s nothing supernatural about him. Thus, anyone could be/become Batman. All it takes is enormous will, strength of convictions, unconditional dedication, selflessness and burning faith. It is about vocation so overmastering that it is impossible to be disregarded or crushed by the priority of one’s own selfish wellbeing. Of course I love the character. It’s an epitome of the ultimate virtue the human spirit is capable of: the innate weakness and the boldness to confront and defeat it.   
And the movie is all about that. I love the idea of duality-the way no one (except for Commissioner Gordon perhaps) is who he/she seems to be at first. Every action has its reason; every word comes with a story. . If anything, it teaches that “nothing’s over ‘till it’s over”.  And that surprises are one of the charms of life-they can be hideous but they can be oh so delightful.

Is the human race worth the sacrifice? Despite my doubts, when Batman says it is I trust him.
We all need to believe that good will win at the end. At least I do.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home