Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Memento


It’s Wednesday but I’m not behind my desk at the office. I took a few days off. And this morning, as I felt like doing nothing even remotely resembling any sort of work, I browsed through my photo albums. There are no recent pictures in them-with the digital camera printing pictures became irrelevant. One of the albums is full of Vincent’s photos exclusively. He looks happy-and I hope he really was, I hope he had a good time under my care. Another album holds pictures of me taken by a former colleague-a man with a pitiful collection of oddities but very good with his Canon; I even like myself on those pictures. Well, they were taken a decade ago. As one of my present colleagues put it “You were quite a catch in those days”. Err, thank you? I suppose I had some potential but it was a potential for being someone I knew was not the real me. By now I could’ve been already married and divorced (even back then kids were out of the question). It’s not that I have that many regrets but I am sorry I didn’t use my youth more wisely-it’s a chance I’ll never be given again. Of course I knew it wouldn’t last forever but I guess I thought it would last longer.  

Idleness…I enjoy it. It gives my mind the freedom to roam until it finds peace. And once that peace gets boring I might be even glad to return to the hustle and bustle of other people’s imaginary worlds. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home