Friday, August 24, 2012

Happy endings do exist


As shitty as yesterday was, today started with news so good it made my heart rejoice. On my first visit to the dog shelter just before leaving I went to the bathroom to wash my hands but as I was about to enter I stood stock-still at the threshold. Inside the bathroom there was a cage and in it was a Pit Bull-the most gorgeous Pit Bull I’ve ever seen. Beautiful animal; admirable. But his most distinctive feature was his eyes. I’ve never seen such an intelligent look in any dog’s eyes. His gaze fell upon me as I walked to the sink, washed my hands and walked back. He didn’t let me out of sight for even a second. It is beyond words how much sadness and accusation there were in his eyes. He couldn’t understand why he had to be in a cage; he couldn’t understand why he was unwanted. Later I was told he had been trained for dog fights, that he’s great to humans but a danger to any dog that would come near him. Poor thing. It wasn't his fault but it was he who had to pay. To see him there week after week was heartbreaking for me.
But last week his cage was gone! I had hopes but it slipped my mind to ask where Gladiator was. And today I learnt he wasn’t there because he’s adopted! I’m immensely glad :)

The name Gladiator suits him, doesn’t it? He looks so happy :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home