Sunday, November 29, 2015

To edit or not to edit?

A friend urged me to upload on Instagram a certain picture I took last year in Vienne. "You can edit it while uploading", he said, " add filters, make it look better." I tried it - it turned out that editing on Instagram was very easy indeed. But now I know why it hasn't even occurred to me to do it before. It simply doesn't feel right. Sure, the pictures look more impressive but it feels like cheating and I'm equally uncomfortable with cheating on small scale as well as on big. Cheating is cheating, period. To paraphrase Terry Pratchett - if you find excuses to cheat small then you'll find excuses to cheat big. Keeping your moral standards in shape requires discipline on every level. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home