Sunday, November 22, 2015

Brainy quotes

Yesterday was Voltaire's birthday. No, I didn't know that until an hour ago when I clicked on a Facebook link and found myself enthralled by his words. A brilliant man apparently and the following quotes come to prove it:

"Common sense is not so common."

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do."

"What most persons consider as virtue, after the age of 40 is simply a lack of energy."

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease."

"We never live, we are always in the expectation of living."

"It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of the mankind."

"Anything too stupid to be said is sung."

And my most favorite of all:

"I do not agree with what you have to say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home