Sunday, November 15, 2015

Coloured

No, I didn't change my FB avatar in remembrance of the Paris massacres. Will it undo what happened? No. Will it bring the dead back? No. Will it make it any easier on the living? No. I don't see why I should sheepishly join the crowd into something that will produce no real use.

Of course there is no harm whatsoever in decorating your profile picture with the colours of the French flag. But somehow I think that those who did will assume they have done their good deed for the day and will stop there. Don't stop. Good intentions come and go but they're good for nothing if they're not backed up by corresponding actions. If you truly want to honour all the lives so pointlessly and abruptly wasted then honour them by changing your own life and becoming the people you've always said you wanted to be. Those who died will never have that chance. Don't waste yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home