Thursday, December 20, 2007

ABP # 2

(I can save myself the troubles to come up with a different name for my posts that way)

Do you know what depression is? Oh, I’m sorry, that was not a question; just an attempt for an artistic (?!) prelude (of course, if there are volunteers any opinions will be warmly accepted). Depression is when your bad mood goes way too far, beyond the line that marks the crossing of your personal space and your social circle and intrudes right in the middle of your inner world. In simple words (I’m just practicing my English, you know) it’s when your very own bad mood covers your very own mind like a shield isolating it from any healing power that might ooze from outside; nothing can get through; selfishness at its finest; a state of apathy that makes you go in a circle like a dog that has bitten his tail. The spinning makes me dizzy. All I have to do is to spit that tail out of my mouth and remain still until the world focuses and hopefully everything gets at its proper place. Until then I must try not to hit innocent bystanders.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes "hitting innocent bystanders" is a wonderful way to keep off depression. And don't you know, dear - noone is innocent! :))So I may come to take a hit, if you don't mind. :) I am surely not innocent and not a bystander, so I qualify.

As for "isolating it from any healing power that might ooze from outside" - I'm afraid you are totally wrong. There is no "healing power" coming from any outside, that can save you from depression. The only real healing power is inside of you, and stays in your will... But of course, it is not an easy job to ignite your will into motion when you are depressed. So it all needs an effort. If you don't make it - noone can make it for you.

It is instinctive reaction. When my cat was terminally ill it just went away from all the surrounding world, trying to find the power to heal from inside of her. Later I understtod cat do it most often actually when they are ill.

Anyway - there will be sunshine after rain - so kick it all on!

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pregrysht!!! :)))

Sorry, this upper musings were all mine! :P

6:31 PM  
Blogger balance said...

Even anonymous I could’ve told it’s been you; who else would offer his skin to pay for my sins? (OK, the line crossed my mind and it seemed too good to leave it unused):)))
You are right, of course. I’m not going to say “as usual” because luckily we disagree on many things and hopefully we’ll disagree on many more; otherwise it would be deadly boring, wouldn’t is? Now, don’t disagree with me on that one just for the sport, OK?
Like I said, you are right i.e. I know it too. But knowing what is the right thing to do and actually doing it is not one and the same. Plus, you are well aware of my stubbornness :) It’s about time for another coffee-session, don’t you think?

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home