Monday, November 26, 2007

I found it!

My careful research reached a dead-end with the bare fact that “De Profundis” has been published in Bulgarian only once-in 1984 as a part of “Oscar Wilde-selected works” in 3 volumes. Unfortunately that edition was nowhere to be found in regular book stores so I had to check antique book shops. Of course, as every rare object of desire it was considerably but luckily still very much reasonably expensive so I didn’t hesitated even for a final “Y/N” (it was “Y/Y” all the way) and now I have it at last!

I have recently read “De Profundis” in English…to a certain extent that is. Everyone who has passion for written words will agree that the beauty of a writing shines with its finest colors if read in the language it has been written in. But Oscar Wilde is neither a chick-lit nor a beauty magazine (not that I ever touch such). I needed it in Bulgarian to see what I have missed to comprehend from the original text.

Buying books yesterday was not on my “to do” list. I was out to look for winter shoes because I need them and I stick to the simple rule to buy something only if I need it; shopping therapy is something I have only heard about but have no experience with (curious that me and my dog have so much in common: we both miss some characteristics that our species are known to possess). Plenty of shoes in the stores and none that I’d put on my feet! That is such a disaster-the only boots I fancied turned out to be men’s and I already have two pairs that are 2 sizes bigger than my size-I’m not buying another one!

And those books…I guess they can be classified as a necessity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home