Saturday, August 06, 2016

All vs nothing

What the fuck is wrong with people coming to my favorite café to settle their domestic issues? Seriously, what is it? One has to be completely deprived of any sense of dignity and respect for the others not to hesitate to do that in public! Last weekend I couldn't escape eavesdropping on a quarrel between divorced spouses, and it was utterly ugly, so ugly in fact that I actually packed in a hurry and left earlier than I had planned because I couldn't bear listening to them for even a second more.

Today it a family of three occupying the table next to mine. A father, a mother and a daughter of about 6 years old. They seemed perfectly normal for a minute or two... until the father said to the mother "Shut the fuck up, when are you going to get it to your head that you're a brainless moron?" and the child shouted back at him "Don't talk to my mother like that or I'll smash all the teeth in your mouth!"

Excuse me???

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

As it turned out they were just warming up.

And I thought that my family was disfunctional...
(Actually, the thought alone that someone would say such things even in private makes me shiver. Any form is unacceptable; period.)

It's not all that bad to be single, you know? Not bad at all. Yes, I'm all or nothing and, trust me, sometimes nothing is much, much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home