Friday, July 08, 2016

Short-sighted

"Words are useless, especially sentences."

I've said everything that could've been said and to what result? Talking makes no difference so why do it? People are never drawn to the idea of the greater good, only to the idea of their own good. You see, greater good implies sacrifices. For example: to make Earth cleaner and healthier there should be electricity shortages, bigger garbage taxes, total ban on plastic wrappings and, let's say, mandatory social work in city parks or something like that. Would you agree to that? I would. I wouldn't be thrilled about it but it would be for the greater good so I would agree. However, the majority of people wouldn't.

Let me say that another way. I, who doesn't and will never have children, am 100 % willing to give up some of the comfort I'm used to if it is to benefit future generations; and the people who actually have children and grow in their homes the future generations in question wouldn't give up anything.

Absurd, isn't it?

But what do I know? These are just words, they make no difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home