Thursday, September 20, 2012

"happy, happy!"


This Saturday I have to go to my niece’s wedding. If only there was a way to skip it but I’m afraid that any excuse less serious than a broken leg would not be accepted. I haven’t seen the girl since she was…well, a girl. I hope when I see her tomorrow she will be already in her white dress because else I might not recognize her. It gives me the chills when I think about all the fuss, known and mostly unknown relatives, ridiculous rituals, shaking hands with people whom I’m supposed to know by face and name but I don’t, fake laughter, bad music, even worse fashion decisions and last but unfortunately not least-the Questions. “How have you been?”, “What do you do for a living?”, “Are you married?”, “Do you have children?”, “What have you done with your life so far?”, “And how come you’re not married yet!?” EW! Even in their formal curiosity people can be really obnoxious. And I know my mother will nag at me for hours about wearing pants and sneakers instead of a dress and high heels. I will only have to endure it for just half a day but it will seem endless which I can not guarantee for my patience.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home