Monday, December 21, 2009

Moderation is not a bad word

I happened to be at a party where I was one of the few (if not the only one) who stayed sober (which was one of the main reasons I left the party as soon as I realized no one would notice I was gone). I felt like a goth fan at a county music concert (OK, the truth is I feel that “out of place”-ness most of the time). But I saw enough to ask myself once again:
Why eat like a pig and wonder later how to get rid off those extra pounds? Why drink yourself unconscious and suffer a hell of a hangover the next day (which might be the least of your worries if you have to be told what you’ve done because you can’t remember a thing). Going out of your frame is by all means exciting and a little excessiveness is refreshing for the mind but why push your luck as if it’s your last day on Earth? And if you push hard enough it might as well be so. To be moderate is not easy...but no one said life was easy to begin with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home