Thursday, December 10, 2009

Wondering...

Among other things I hate (not dislike but truly hate!) winter because days are short and by the time I get on the bus to go home…correction, to get away from work, it is already dark outside and, as it is usually the case, the lights inside the bus are too weak to read a book. Not only that makes the journey seem longer but I can’t escape looking at people’s faces. What a depressing sight. Why is it so? Nothing good happened to them throughout the whole day? Nothing good is likely to happen yet? They’d rather not go where they’re going? But most of all: don’t they have a clue how degraded their long faces look from aside? There isn’t even a trace of dignity in their gloomy expression. Gloominess I can handle but what really strikes me is the spiritual emptiness written on those faces. Though human-shaped there isn’t a spark of emotions in their eyes. They just sit staring blankly, like cattle. It’s scary. Maybe they simply stopped dreaming. I hope I never will. What is life good for if your soul is dead?

2 Comments:

Blogger Milla said...

Hm, you know that Nik was in Bulgaria for 2 weeks, right? Well, when he got back he told me that it seemed to him that 90% of the people he saw and spoke to who were working in shops were miserable gits.
Do you think it is just in winter that it is like this or do you think in general people's souls around you are becoming more...grey?

3:39 PM  
Blogger balance said...

I have no idea what’s the trouble with other people, Milla; I can only speak for myself. Weather is known to affect people’s spirits and winter, of all seasons, is most severe. I’d like to think indeed winter is to blame hoping that it’ll get back to normal once winter is gone :)

Ask me again in summer, OK? ;)

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home