Friday, November 09, 2007

Obscured by clouds

I have no clear memory of the past couple of weeks. I have to look at the calendar hanging on the wall to notice that days change. Must be the music-I’m almost constantly wearing headphones. Music in my head makes me feel safe; as if I am untouchable and invulnerable. Since our IT has prohibited us to download music (when I enter a site containing mp3 or torrents a sign appears uncompromising as a slap: URL has been blocked!) I download music at home, burn it on a CD and bring it the next morning to copy it on my office PC because I don’t have time to listen to it at home. I listen to so many different sounds lately. Music consumes me completely and makes me clueless about the outside world. No wonder I don’t notice how time passes.

One of the most played albums since November 1st is (of course) Saul Williams-Niggy Tardust. My first reaction was anything but positive. I downloaded it that day late in the evening and tried to listen to it and… “WTF is that?! It sounds so odd! OMG, I don’t like it!”. But the next day I was singing a completely different song. I loved it. I played it again and loved it even more; and more; and more. It’s brilliant. A week later I found out why:

No comment is needed. OK, maybe just one: TR is a genius. Over.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Intriguing...

1:41 AM  
Blogger balance said...

Which part?

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of it

12:59 AM  
Blogger balance said...

Interesting display name it is you’ve chosen for yourself, anonymous; rings a bell kind of…
Съгласна съм, че на английски е по-забавно.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that kind of anonymity. It's better than "_ _ _ E R"

3:52 AM  
Blogger balance said...

Suit yourself; the choice is yours, of course.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home