Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It's hard to be a gold-digger

There’s a member of the Spiral that I feel strangely attached to. Well, nothing strange here; I find a lot of me in her Spiral blog postings. I strongly disagree with the “opposites attraction” theory-if it was to be true then I would’ve been drawn to 99% of the human population. It is that 1% left that I’m on a quest to find and when that happens I feel like a gold-digger striking a reef.
She has been at the April 8th NIN show in Stockholm, Sweden. On April 15th she updated her blog and the coincidence is so bizarre that I just have to copy-paste it here:

"
Where am I heading?

I don’t know.

The show in Stockholm was mind bending. I want to feel that way again and again.

The days after the show I was walking up and down the streets of Stockholm, feeling kind of empty but I tried to put my focus on taking in the energy, the smell of spring. I love that city, especially now when the light is on it’s way back.

When I walked in the streets I saw a man selling the magazine “Situation Stockholm”, it’s a magazine that the homeless people sell and get half of what they’re selling. Anyhow, I bought a magazine, I had my mp3 and the man selling the magazine asked what I was listening to, I told him that it was the “Four seasons” of Vivaldi. He got really excited, asked which season I liked the most, and then we started to talk about music. How music always can put us in any kind of mood. He told me to listen to Tchaikovsky, the first piano concert in b-moll. He told me to sit down, take a deep breath and just relax, take in the beauty, the genius behind it. Tchaikovsky was a sad and lonely figure, but often life seems to make the most beauty out of the depressed people that are walking among us. I smiled and said thank you, and that I would follow his advice. And then he grabbed me gently by the hand and said:
“And you have to remember dear, tomorrow is another day – a new day.” And then he kissed my hand wished me all the best and said farewell. I didn’t know what to say, he being a homeless, without a home, without everything could still feel the joy for the small but important things in life. And I have everything, all secure and I’m still not satisfied? Talk about being spoiled…
"

And, Milla, you have “gold” written all over you - no doubt about it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home