Friday, November 14, 2014

Is it too late to become a roadie?

I get somewhat uneasy as I remember how much fun I had at the Combichrist gig the other day. Uneasy because it was yet another confirmation of what has already become crystal clear to me-that concerts are what I get most kicks from and that nothing else gives me as much pleasure and happiness as a good show. And right now there isn't a single concert on the horizon.

Is this how it is going to be from now on? All work and no play? Trent Reznor is not likely to tour again-he said so in a very recent interview. Jared Leto will be busy making movies, not to mention a new album is due meaning a tour within the next 2 or maybe even 3 years is out of the question. And since NIN and 30STM are the only bands I am willing to travel for I face the unpleasant inevitability of a concert-less future. Meh!

I could, of course, travel for the sake of traveling. I already considered that possibility-and I didn't like it, I didn't like it at all. You see, a concert trip is a trip with a purpose. I'm under a deadline, on a tight schedule and that gives an edge of excitement to everything that I go through while abroad. And even if that "everything" happens to be boring, exhausting or, in some cases, downright unpleasant there is a guaranteed prize at the end-the show. A concert trip means I'm on a mission and the perspective to transport myself thousands of kilometers away from home just to make pictures of already overly photographed old buildings, no matter how beautiful, holds no thrill for me.

So I must find myself a mission. There are some ideas that might work. Like to explore Berlin Gothic shops-if there are any left because almost all have gone online by now. And there's that still unfulfilled dream go to Wave-Gothic Treffen in Leipzig-it is about time to check it as "done". I'm sure I will love every second of it. If only I could find an accomplice... Hm, that is actually a great idea. I could make use of the few dead months of winter by looking for volunteers. OK, wish me luck. Or better join me :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home