Thursday, September 18, 2014

The best gift

It was my name day yesterday. And it was lovely! Lots of congratulations and gifts came my way during the day (some were a surprise which only made them even more delightful). However, the best was yet to come. The girl I consider my best friend made it evident beyond doubt that she too thinks of me as of her best friend. Other people’s approval is important for everyone but luckily I no longer need to be everybody’s cup of tea in order to feel good about myself. I never thought I would quote Jared Leto but now and then he says “How many people do you need to love you at the end of the day?” and I couldn’t agree more. To know that my best friend values our friendship the same way I do is the best gift I can think of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home