Saturday, June 23, 2012

Reversal


One of my closest friends (now that I think of it I regard all my friends as close-the rest are merely acquaintances) asked if I have ever thought about trying some therapy suggesting it should be looked at more as of a professional opinion providing a different point of view rather than help (yeah, it was very considerate of her to put it that way). I myself have considered that many times but I’ve always found good reasons against it. For starters I could only entrust the matters of my soul only to someone who I’d be certain not make the mess in my mind even worse-and such I take it wouldn’t be easy to find. Second, it will take a lot of talking on my side to paint an accurate picture of my life so far-at least the way it looks through my eyes; and that means a lot of time-really a lot Third and not least, I don’t see how I would even consider squandering the money a quality therapy probably costs when I’d much rather give it for charity. Still it is an entertaining idea-to buy me a new friend. Well, at least the purchase part would be a must.

The truth is I’m simply skeptical on the matter. Even the best therapist can not undo the past so such an experiment can end either with forced acceptance or revolved bitterness-and I already have them both. It isn’t a talk with a stranger that would do the job but a brutally open communication with my parents. Now, for that I’d pay. I don’t have to study psychology to know I can not take on a new path without leaving the old one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home