Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dark compelling


In a magazine there was an article on the art of loving yourself-because by giving yourself a good care you become more content and thus more willing to spread that content onto less fortunate people; the domino effect that has to start from within etc. Anyway, one of the exercises listed in the article was to think of a childhood hero. “Oh”, I said, “that’s easy-Darth Vader!” (I’m not kidding-that was not only the first but as well the only name on my list.) OK, now step 2: What did you like about that childhood hero? “He’s Darth Vader-do I need to say more?” On to step 3: What did you learn from him/her? “Err, that jet black latex looks deadly cool?”

I first saw Star Wars when I was at the impressionable age of 10. Over the considerable amount of years between then and now my preferences on almost any topic of life (and death for that matter) changed drastically and in some cases-dramatically. But I still stand in awe of the Dark Lord just as my 10-year old version did back then in the dim movie theatre. Once a child-always a child I guess and though that often (way too often) backfires I'm glad I haven't lost that faculty of getting childlike fascinated.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home