Saturday, November 26, 2011

Infatuation contagious

Last week my mom came to see me. When I got home after work I noticed (well, it was impossible not to) that there was something wrong with the way she walked-slowly and limping slightly. It turned out that on the way to the apartment she tripped over a hole in the sidewalk and fell. Luckily she got away only with a twisted ankle and bruises but nothing’s broken. But as she sat on the couch all drooping and apparently still in pain I felt sorry for her and tried to cheer her up so for the next half an hour the living room became a catwalk and I paraded with each peace of rag I had bought for the past couple of months. The mere fact I had embarked on shopping was already a surprise for her but she was genuinely shocked by my new choice of style-feminine, eye-catching and even err, seductive. She absolutely approved but was curious to know what had triggered the change. That’s how I got to act 2 of the entertainment-I told her about my latest obsession with IAMX and their gig in Prague that I had wanted so much to go to and since I hadn’t made it and saved my bank account the travel expenses I had decided to spend those money anyway and do me some good. And then I asked if she was curious to hear a song from that band; “Why not?” she said. I took my SONY MDR-XD 100 (the best headphones ever!) and the mp3 player and played (of course) “This will make you love again”. When the song was over she asked for some more and I played a few more songs. It was already quite late so we had to call it a night but she insisted to have all IAMX albums so she could listen to them and I was more than happy to oblige :) She said it’d been long since she last had liked something so much. Me too, mom, me too.

“So that’s the band you wanted to go and see live.”
“Yes, that’s the band.”
“You should’ve gone.”
Damn, I know I should’ve. 


2 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

Never heard of IAMX before reading your blog. Love them. Thanks so much!

11:01 PM  
Blogger balance said...

So sweet of you to bother to write those words! Thank you!
XOXOXOXOXOXO :)))

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home