Friday, November 11, 2011

To have and to hold

One of the girls I work with (there’s 5 of us in the room, we’re all over 30 but we’ll always be girls, alright?) is nuts about astrology and she thinks it is her mission to share her knowledge on the moon and the stars and all the other visible and non-visible celestial bodies filling the cosmos to the benefit of her ignorant colleagues. So a few days ago, based ob birth date and hour, she made for each one of us a romantic forecast i.e. it was focused on the relationships and marriages destined for us. Frankly speaking I was hoping she would lose interest until my turn came but, alas!, it was not in my stars to be skipped. Her verdict, announced aloud for everybody present to hear, was that a) I have a tendency for secret affairs (umm, not entirely incorrect) and b) I will marry twice (?!) but it’ll happen somewhere later in my life, in the distant future. OK, let me play with the idea. Such a scheme perfectly suits my preference to live free as a bird and when there will be nothing else left for me to amuse myself with then, who know, I might (just might) try that out as well; just to make sure I haven’t miss anything significant.

Huh, what a nonsense. I will never understand why people make such a fuss about marriage. What I want is fireworks and butterflies tickling inside my belly, I want to be lost in the feeling but to be lost with The One (or else why bother?), I want a higher ground to walk on, I want to be so happy I’d want to be me, just me and no one else. And I absolutely don’t see what that has to do with marriage. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home