Saturday, October 08, 2011

Not again :)


And again I become obsessed with a band that turns out to be a one-man show. IAMX. I knew the name; I know that years ago I downloaded an IAMX album but somehow didn’t pay much attention and they kind of got out of my sight (NIN were on tour; there was room for nothing else in my mind at the time). A few days ago one of my best friends sent me a couple of IAMX songs asking “Do you know that band?” Well, yes, I’ve heard the name but as for the music…how embarrassing. I played the songs to remind myself and, oh my, that voice! I know that voice. I love that voice! Where do I know it from? Why do I already love it?! Google instantly revealed the mystery-Sneaker Pimps; that’s where I know it from. So here I am, listening for the last few days to nothing else but IAMX and I just can’t get enough of it. Chris Corner’s voice is like a drug that wipes out all those blunt details that make the picture of everyday life dull and ugly and sends me directly to the stars to look upon life in its utopian and fairy alternative version. It breaks me in half. So far I don’t care what he sings about as long as he sings.

Today I finally checked the band and what did I read? “All albums are performed, produced, mixed and mastered by Corner himself.

Not again! :))))


Have I said I like it when men wear eyeliner? Hmm, I believe I have.  
The eyeliner is a bonus :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home