Friday, March 19, 2010

Synopsis

For 2 decades now my life is more or less a mess. It used to be more because I foolishly hoped I could have everything I wanted (foolishly because I had no idea at the time what that “everything” was). It is less now because the “everything” got significantly reduced eventually while hope was replaced by its milder version-building castles in the air (the spa for the weary soul). My life didn’t change-I did. I adjusted to it to make it fit and feel comfortable as a pair of old slippers. I’m the water in the vase taking its shape, evaporating a little each second.

4 Comments:

Blogger Milla said...

I think what happened is this: you've grown up. Unfortunately we all do, some more than others.

3:43 PM  
Blogger balance said...

I still need to acquire the wisdom to accept what I can’t change. Sometimes I think I already have; sometimes I think I might be confusing wisdom with resignation.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Milla said...

Hm. Actually, that's a good point you are making, 'wisdom V resignation'...

11:43 PM  
Blogger balance said...

Though both are equal in their passive outcome it is necessary for the mind to make a clear distinction between wisdom and resignation to prevent taking the line of least resistance. As a proven queen of excuses I am easily prone to pass the blame on circumstances and thus missing the chance to alter them.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home