Thursday, November 12, 2009

Al Di Meola in Sofia-November 7, 2009

Time goes by and I don’t want to waste any more of it to tell how the Saturday concert was. And it was…heavenly. It was my fourth Al Di Meola concert (I checked my ticket collection) and his sixth (?) visit to Bulgaria. Al Di Meola proved once again he’s one of the best guitar players (if not the best which is my personal opinion). He’s not only a 1st class musician but in addition incredibly charismatic live performer who put the whole audience in “Bulgaria” hall under the most wonderful spell. Those 2 hours were surreal and magical as a daydream. Two hours of pure pleasure to remind me there is sunshine after rain and to bring back my smile when it rains again. It is fair to give credit to the other 4 musicians that played alongside Mr. Meola and the way those 5 interacted together in perfect harmony and with mutual joy was like throwing a glimpse at a new dimension-the experience was beyond words and imagination. I felt like bowing to them-and I kind of did at the very end after the encore that drove me to total bliss. I was some 3 m away from them and the realization I was in the presence of someone so great knocked me off my feet. The 5 of them just stood on the stage looking at us, smiling, while we kept on clapping hands-we didn’t want to let them go. I really hope he’ll come to play in Bulgaria again-it’s just never enough!

2 Comments:

Anonymous engineer lee said...

It's by chance I stumble upon this thread and drop a few words here, hope u don't mind.

Nice blog, even though I don't know where Bulgaria is, coz my place is very very far away from yours, I like what u have written..

Need some time to read thru ur articles, will come back if u don't mind.

5:41 PM  
Blogger balance said...

Sure, feel free to brows through my blog as much as you like and for as long as you’re not bored with it. And I want to thank you for stopping by and bothering to leave such a nice comment :) Take care!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home