Monday, August 17, 2009

Not that it comes as a big surprise but still…

Last night there was nothing interesting on TV and I stuck mainly to “Elektra”-I knew it was a stupid movie but since I fancied nothing in particular from the program it would be all the same what I’d watch and at lest that one was subtitled…Anyway, the movie turned out to be very boring indeed and I was just about to go to sleep when I heard this dialog:

“Two, three, four, five.
One, two, three, four.

Two, three, four. One...”

“- And the, uh, the counting.

- Sorry?

- O.C.D.

- I don't have O.C.D. I had it when I was a kid,
but I haven't done that in years.


- You were just doing it. When you walk slow like that.
What are you doing? Are you counting?”


Counting? I do counting; a lot. O.C.D.?!

O.C.D. = Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is an anxiety disorder and is characterized by recurrent, unwanted thoughts (obsessions) and/or repetitive behaviors (compulsions). Repetitive behaviors such as handwashing, counting, checking, or cleaning are often performed with the hope of preventing obsessive thoughts or making them go away. Performing these so-called "rituals," however, provides only temporary relief, and not performing them markedly increases anxiety.


Simply fabulous.

Did I mention that after reading the signs for O.C.D I checked positive for most of them? I didn’t? As if depression wasn’t enough.