Thursday, January 08, 2009

My New Year’s resolutions

-to feel good and stay positive no matter what;
-never to give up;
-never to refuse my help if someone asks for it.

Quite idealistic, even childish and not really resolutions. But the simple truth is that I don’t have any outstanding talents (not even mediocre), I’m average smart, I’m not a beauty queen and I’m not rich. So to give people at least some reason to love me the one thing that’s left for me to do is to try to be a good person.

Good luck to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

You shouldn't be so down on yourself. You're already a NIN fan and that's a big plus in my book. ;) But striving to be a positive and helpful person is never a bad thing. I hope you can achieve what you're shooting for.


Hey, in other news, you hear about all the new NIN madness? How fucking AWESOME is it to be a fan right about now?

\m/ \m/
Keep Calm
and
Rock the Fuck On!

:D
Iris

2:15 AM  
Blogger balance said...

That’s mighty sweet of you to say to someone you’ve never met on a really bad day ;)

As for my determination to be a model of virtuousness (as ambitious as that sounds) there’s one thing that I could stumble against and that is little failures. I tend to see things in black and white i.e. a temporary failure as a complete and ultimate failure. I only have to remember that if I fall I just have to get up and go on. Everything’s in the mind-both the problem and the solution.

Seems like each new thread on nin.com is doomed to turn into a circus and go down in flames in a matter of days lol Even I contributed to the madness by quarrelling with some 18 old brat who threw at me words so vicious that I’m ashamed even to think silently let alone speak/write; in a way that was invigorating ;) I hope there’ll be a new update soon - I’m starting to enjoy the insanity :))

Thank you for the good words-they made me start my day with a smile :) Thank you, Iris!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home