Sunday, November 18, 2007

LOVEly memories

I’ve been postponing telling that story for two months now-my memory is emotional and emotions do not speak the language of words; and every time I’d try to make them visible they’d disperse as artifacts that turn into dust once touched after centuries of peace. Emotions are fragile and sacred; they should be treated gently and with great caution; it is so sad to let a good feeling go desecrated.

I was on a bus; there weren’t many people on it. The quiet was broken by a female voice. I did not have to look at her-it was clear it was a person of little intellect. At a point, however, I got very curious and turned my head to see the source of my irritation. Although there were free seats she was sitting in her boyfriend’s lap and, OMG, she was horrifying to look at! They started to prepare to get off the bus. They stood up and headed to the nearest door that was right next to me. For a couple of minutes both of them were entirely in my view and I had no chance but to look at them. If I am to wait on an empty bus stop with those two I’d go as far away from them as possible-that’s the kind of people they looked like. The boy was obviously a junkie-he was speaking in a very slow manner apparently making great efforts to find the right words; his hands were shaking; he barely could keep his eyes open; he had difficulties keeping his balance; he searched for something in his wallet and a piece of paper fell on the floor-the girl picked it up and handed it to him without a word; it was nothing new to her. And then she leaned on his shoulder with her arms around his left arm. She didn’t notice I was looking at them and neither did he. They didn’t care about anything and anyone around. They had eyes only for one another. He was so gentle to her and she was looking at him with so much love. I was really touched by that scene. As wretched as they were at that very moment they had much more than me. Abandoned by the society, despised by people but they had each other.

I read once that love is like wild flowers: it can be found in most unexpected places. I’d like to believe it is so. To me love is like a flood-it hits suddenly drowning me within a matter of seconds.

I was still shaken by those two people when a half an hour later it happened again. I was walking down a street behind a couple-a girl and a boy. I call them a couple because they looked like one-young people walking side by side holding hands. But there was something not that common about that particular couple-the girl was short, I mean, really short. She turned her head left to look at him and I realized she was a midget-there is something different about their faces and body structure. As I was passing them I couldn’t help to throw a glimpse at the boy-he was very good looking. I don’t say I can read people’s minds (I wish I could; I’d be of much more use and help to people) but the impression he left me with was of a kind considerate person; and in love with her. Once again I was touched. It was a proof that it was possible to love the soul of a person, to see the beauty hidden by the flesh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"love is like wild flowers: it can be found in most unexpected places."

Beautiful, that quote gives me hope :)

I really liked this blog, why don't you write on your blog in the Spiral?

I hope that all is well with you, take care my friend.

((HUG))

6:24 PM  
Blogger balance said...

OK, my dear one, since it is more convenient to read it on the Spiral, but you must know I’m doing it just for you :)
Your comment made me realize that post was really about hope. I guess I truly believe good wins in the end.
I won’t say everything is OK, but I can’t say there’s something wrong either so, yes, I feel fine. And snowy :) this morning Sofia is white with snow.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home