Monday, June 04, 2007

Ha :)

I and my best friend have a tradition: every Saturday or Sunday we go to a nice coffee shop to escape the worries of this mortal coil and we spent a few blissful hours speaking our guts out.
Bathrooms there are separated (thank God! Let sexes be united elsewhere but that field). Yesterday the lady’s room was taken so I had to wait a couple of minutes outside. It turned out it has been taken by a little girl at the age of 5 and her mother. The child was anything but discrete (some people spend their entire life in oblivion never really learning the meaning of the word “discretion”) so I could hear her talking crystal clear while she was washing her hands:

“- The next door is the man’s room, right mom?”
“- Yes, dear.”
“- Then why did that boy go to the lady’s room?”
“- It wasn’t a boy; it was a girl.”

I laughed like crazy.
Apparently that little child divides sexes by the clothes people wear. If you’re in trousers then you’re male; if you’re in a skirt then you’re a female. Sometimes I miss those ignorant days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home