Sunday, May 20, 2007

I've been tagged

by Milla of course (who else). And she did it very gently-I didn’t feel a thing :)) She has referred to me with the words “crazy gal” hopefully with the full awareness I’d take it as a compliment.

Available or single: Isn’t that the same thing? Single-yes; available-um, the word suggests that I can’t wait to jump into the arms of any man who registers any interest in me just for the sake of being in a relationship. It’s one of the most favorite people’s mistakes.

Best friend: Tedi. We are sooo different but for some reason she thinks very highly of me and I know she would do anything for me if I only ask.
How do you define a true friend? True friends keep believing in you even when you lose all your faith in yourself.


Cake or pie: Both. Why torture yourself by restricting?

Drink of choice: Green tea-because it’s healthy. Cappuccino-because it tastes good and it goes perfectly well with a cigarette. No alcohol-I hate the taste and I get drunk pretty easy and I feel sick afterwards. And when I say “healthy” I mean it in terms of vanity-I do not want to live to be 100 (or 80, or 70).

Essential item: A notebook and a pen. A box of cigarettes and a lighter. A table for one in a cozy cafeteria on a Sunday late morning. It’s a bliss. Such moments are essential.

Apart from that–my NIИ CDs. It warms my heart to look at that pile next to the stereo.

Favourite colour: Black-since my 16th birthday. Black is safe.

Gummi Bears or Worms: I do not have the slightest idea what that question means. And I find my ignorance in that particular case quite encouraging-it means that world is not THAT globalized as people tend to think/hope/fear it is. Long live the cultural differences!

Hometown: Sofia, Bulgaria. It’s dirty and crowded. Public transport can bring you to a nervous breakdown. Sidewalks are taken by cars. Old buildings are left to ruin. New buildings are hideous. But it is my home town-and I love it.

Indulgence: Laziness. Wishful thinking.

January or February: February: it’s shorter.

Kids: I have said more than enough on the subject. However so far it has become clear to me that one should never say “never”. Destiny is known to be tricky on everyone playing a wise guy. The unpredictability of the path of life is one of the reasons to live at all-out of curiosity if not for any other reason (That sounds a bit like “I don’t believe in God but I keep a crucifix in my bedroom just in case”.). Anyway, I would make a horrible mother.

Life is incomplete without: Friends. Sharing. Music. Dreams. Magic.

Number of siblings: None. My parents told me that when I’ve been just a kid they have asked me what would’ve I preferred: a sister/brother or a TV. We have got a new TV.

Oranges or apples: Apples. I’m definitely an apple-person.

Phobias/fears:

* Physical mutilation (because mutilation can be also mental).

* To have an ordinary life.

* Aging (I can see it-wrinkles, white hair, body responds in peculiar ways). I know aging is inevitable and unstoppable. Still I can’t take it peacefully. I think it has a lot to do with freedom: freedom of expression; freedom of choices-choices offered to me and choices I can afford to turn down. A simple example-I don’t see myself at a rock concert at the age of 60.)

* That I might never find peace of mind.

Quote, favorite:

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." - Oscar Wilde

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” – Anton La Vey (I was quite confused when I found out who he was. And I was really furious when I saw the name of NIИ in one of his quotes-miserable piece of shit that Anton La Vey turned out to be).

Reasons to smile: My dog Vincent. But really-I prefer to smile just because I feel like smiling and not for a particular reason. And yet-small gestures; unprovoked kindness; one stray dog that walks with me all the way to the bus stop when I go to work (I wish I could take him home).

Season: I don’t care as long as it isn’t too cold or too hot.

Unknown fact about me: I have no idea what is known about me and what is still unknown. Anyway, I can’t think of anything that might be of interest to anyone. OK, here’s one: I get along with dogs much better than with most humans…probably because I don’t have to speak.

Vegetarian or oppressor of animals: Vegetarian.

Worst habit: Smoking? Sarcasm. I react to stupidity like a shark that has sensed blood-I bite and kill. It’s horrible and I do make great efforts not to do it but still sometimes I lose my temper and I say things I regret for later.

X-rays or ultrasounds: Never thought about that.

Your favorite foods: Anything that raises my blood sugar. Anything I know I shouldn’t let close even to my eyes. Anything that I forbid myself to eat (and I don’t-I just wish I could).I’m crazy about sugar-based food – that is why I had to give it up. I can go without any bit I can’t go with just one.

Zodiac: Cancer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milla said...

How do you know you'd make a terrible mother? I always used to say that about me, but maybe it's not true :)

5:23 PM  
Blogger balance said...

Of course, there’s no way for me to really KNOW that; I just THINK so because…well, I am afraid that I might end up hating a child of mine for stealing my freedom. There’s no going back once you have a child-you’re bonded for life. And I don’t know if I can take such a responsibility. And I’m also terrified not to make the same mistakes that my parents have done raising me. Family scenes in American movies frustrate me – such a parent-child connection is something I’m not familiar with.
I might have said more than I should have.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home