Thursday, October 05, 2006

My reasons why I will NOT have children

1. “It is cruel to bring a life into this terrible world”
Woody Allen
Husbands and wives

Don’t you ever watch the news? People killing each other, people killing nature, nature responds by wiping out hundreds and thousands of (probably) innocent human beings from the face of the earth. The realm of death. Look for hell no further-it’s in your backyard. The more people get born the more people die. No one is safe. No matter of your good soul, your purity. Why would I condemn someone to such a misery? It IS cruel.
2. I cherish my freedom too much to sacrifice it for the sake of a child. Once you have one of those…”things”…and you can kiss your personal life goodbye. You become a slave to your child. That is how I see it because the proper way(to me) to raise a child is to devote yourself to him/her.
3. I suppose having a child means the end of childhood, of youth, and becoming a grown up, becoming mature. I’m not ready to give up my youth. I’ll never be. Even if I live to be 100.
4. Responsibility. The greatest of all, the mother of all responsibilities. And if I am to take such I’d have to know EVERYTHING there is to know about raising a child. If it is to be done it has to be done the right way. No room for mistakes.
5. Let’s face it : (for most people; almost all people)having a child is an act of selfishness. Some do it just to bring meaning to their miserable leading nowhere pointless existence. A child would keep them busy, would bring a purpose to their lives.
Some do it out of fear of death. Their mind fails to accept they’ll die without leaving a trace and the world will just keep on without even noticing the difference. The child would keep a part of them on this earth. Pathetic !!!
Some do it just to have a nurse to look after them when they grow to be old.
Some use their children as an instrument for fulfilling their own unfulfilled ambitions, to be the people they failed to be.
6. Puppies are cute…but they become big dogs…sometimes heavy to handle. Kids…cute as babies(to some; I’ve never found a baby to be cute), but babies grow and at a certain point they start to respond not always in the fashion you’d fancy. And then you as a parent will have a god-I’ve-created-a-monster moment.
I can’t bear the thought that someone would think of me all those horrible things I think of my parents. My ego is to blame, I know; sorry !
7. I refuse to be a burden to anyone especially to someone dear to me and that someone to grow to hate me because of that.
8. I don’t want anyone to miss me. I don’t want anyone to moan for me, to be in pain when I’m gone.
9. Carrying my father’s genes, knowing the person he is, knowing the freak I am-why would I pass it to someone else ?!
10. Last but not least: disfiguring. Ever considered a pregnant woman to be beautiful? I have never. Gaining weight and looking like a balloon-are you fucking crazy ?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home