Saturday, June 09, 2007

A fine day

Simplicity is the word today; it was not planned; it comes as a conclusion. My body and my mind need a break and they’re taking it without consulting me which comes to my favor because I am not to make a good advisor right now. Best decisions are subconscious.

Today’s fortune slip: a new friend. Good; I’m in a short supply of friends and I can always use another one. OK, I know it’s just an expression but I strongly oppose that “to use a friend” phrase. I much prefer “to be in use of”; I’m more comfortable with giving than I am with taking.

That last thought just reaches another helping hand to my strong conviction that every human being acts out of selfishness. People always do what’s best for them. In some cases (I wish I could say “many cases” but it would be quite untrue) the consequences of their actions reflect in benefiting other people and the main purpose is other people but the performer to benefit from the final result. The explanation is quite simple: the performer feels good when he/she makes other people feel good. I see nothing wrong with that. In a world of so much evil and sadness it doesn’t matter why a good deed is done. In a greater scheme only reaching points count, not the path to them.

I’m sitting in a cafeteria waiting for my friends to show up. They’re late but I don’t mind; it gives me the pleasurable opportunity to gaze at a cute pugs sitting in her owner’s lap right in front of me. That dog is so ridiculously ugly that makes her look absolutely adorable. The moment is perfect in its simplicity and I need nothing more right now.
Almost nothing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milla said...

"In a greater scheme only reaching points count, not the path to them."

If the path is painful, you it COUNTS a great deal for the individual, even in the big scheme of things.

2:49 PM  
Blogger balance said...

Of course, Milla, you don’t expect me to say otherwise, do you? But “the big scheme” by definition is not about special cases; that is why it is said there are two sides to everything. If the death of a single person can save the lives of thousands I believe you will justify it…unless that person is not you or a loved one.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home