Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Year Zero

It looks like the new album is almost done. There are mixing and post production to be completed but songs as songs are ready apparently. I can’t help wondering what lyrics are about. Will they be filled with anger? Will there be regrets and remorse? Doubt and fear? I remembered an old interview: “When I’m happy I have nothing to say”. I wonder if that is still valid. The music just wouldn’t have been the same if the lyrics were not the way they are. Together they make sense; together they are perfect; together…”together” is a dangerous word.
There’s no way to think differently but as a friend of someone who enters your mind every day to give you comfort; whose music is probably the most beautiful experience in your life so far and to whom for that very reason you feel enormous gratitude. I need to know my friends are happy because that makes me happy too. When you’re truly happy it is very hard to be pissed off no matter what happens.
I wonder what the lyrics are about…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home