Sunday, October 29, 2017

An ordinary day in the life of a cat owner

Last night I was playing with Sasha (the usual: I run around the house dragging something long and flexible on the floor and she chases it; in this case it was a belt made of fabric from one of my mom's old dresses) and Sasha got “into the zone” meaning that she freaked out and jumped two feet high off the floor with her four paws stretched out. It was hilarious. It was so funny that an hour later, as I was already in bed with a book, I remembered the whole scene and started laughing aloud. I laughed and laughed until tears came to my eyes and I pictured myself at that moment: alone, tucked in bed and laughing like mad and that made me laugh even harder. Sasha was so intrigued by my behavior that she jumped on the bed and hit me on the nose with her paw as if saying “Are you alright, human?” At that point I almost choked with laughter.

Sasha is my cat. I brought her home on July 13th. She's 5 months old now. And although since then I haven't had a proper rest it is also true that for the past three months I laughed more than for the past three years.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home