Wednesday, July 05, 2017

A night to remember

3-07-2017, Plovdiv Roman Theater, Placebo, “20 years of Placebo"


I have to write something about the concert but words don't come. Why? Why do words fail me about one of the most amazing nights of my life? And amazing it was, all the way, and unforgettable, and I didn't want it to end, ever. What is it about that band that makes me feel that way? I don't know. It's a mystery.


I remember the first time I heard Placebo. It was “Pure morning”, and it was like nothing I've heard and seen before. Until then I didn't know that I had a taste for bizarre aesthetic controversy. It wasn't just different, it was my kind of different.


“A friend in need's a friend indeed"


I had no idea that I needed such friends until I realized that a piece I didn't know was missing found its place. It brought comfort and alleviation, it worked as a healing patch for the hidden bruises.


20 years. It's hard to believe isn't it?


OK, Brian mistakenly addressed the crowd with “Sofia” (instead of Plovdiv). Twice. Some people made quite a fuss about it. I couldn't care less. I was there, they were there, it was pure magic; period. Magic is rare, it doesn't come to you every day so when it does I feel grateful, blessed and special to have been a part of it. Just like now.


There's a special place in my heart for Placebo and nothing will change that. There are 20 years behind to prove it.

What is it about that band that makes me feel that way? I don't know. It's a mystery.








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home