Thursday, March 03, 2016

Bad-worse-worst

Apathy is humanity's worst enemy. People should fight not the consequences but the prime cause. Should but don't and won't. I sound like a broken record but, seriously, why would anyone in his/her right mind, to whom the tendency should be clear as a fresh pavement paint, would voluntarily bring a new life into a rotting world that is an inch from disaster?

Facebook asks me what's on my mind. Hope isn't. Oh, I know I will survive today, and tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow etc, and I know that right now there are millions of people who have literally nothing left, for whom "hope" is a word whose meaning is long forgotten, for whom tomorrow is as luxury they don't dare to even dream about. Yes, next to them I have everything; yes, knowing that makes me fully appreciate it. But I don't see how a normal human being can derive content from being more fortunate than others on account of mere randomness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home