Saturday, April 11, 2015

Deja vu from the future

This morning a granny stopped me in the street-a sweet tiny old lady dressed in a thick overcoat. I took my headphones off to catch her words and heard the strangest request:
"Can you please button up the upper button of my coat? I couldn't do it myself and I'm cold."

I buttoned it, of course, and she looked so grateful. But I couldn't help thinking, with a touch of dread-is that what awaits me too? I have come to terms with my solitude but I am still young and perfectly capable of looking after myself without needing anyone's assistance. This, however, will change at some point, my body will grow weaker and will eventually fail me. Not now, maybe not within the next twenty or even thirty years but it's coming. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home