Saturday, March 28, 2015

Celebrate the unexpected

This morning I woke up really early and, although I tried really hard, I failed to fall back to sleep-it was raining and the tap-tap of raindrops on my window was as irritating as listening to someone's popcorn chewing next to me in the movie theater.

So I got up. I cherish the tranquility of early hours. There's something almost magical about being the only one awake-maybe because I am the first one to taste and enjoy the promise of the new day.

But-oops! There was no cable TV due to some major trouble that, as I found out later on, has affected the whole neighborhood. Damn! I'm awake, with a coffee mug in my hands and there's nothing to watch. Damn! 

And I played a DVD-Nine Inch Nails, the concert "With Teeth" DVD. And it was absolutely fantastic! The best morning I've had in years :) God, how much I love this band. 25 years and that music still excites me. This is a good thing. It means I am not dead inside. Not yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home