Friday, April 11, 2014

Mind tricks

Yesterday I went to work in a cranky mood – the I-dare-you-to-say-something-so-I could-have-an-excuse-to-bite-your-head-off type of cranky. At the office it kept on getting worse and worse and just as my chin was about to hit the floor I though “Wait a minute! Why am I doing this to myself?! I know better than that. I deserve better than that!” And I forced myself to smile and be chatty and sociable. At first it felt unnatural but it kind of gathered momentum and my mood kept on rising up, up and up and it went so high that by the end of the day it felt so good to be with my colleagues that I didn't want to leave the office-which is unheard of :) So much for the power of consciousness and will. It’s all in the mind.

Moral: do yourself a favor and don't take yourself more seriously than just enough. No one but you is fooled anyway.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home