Sunday, July 28, 2013

Startled

I had a nightmare.
Nothing new here but this one was peculiarly consistent and detailed; persistent too-at some point I woke up and fell back to sleep but the dream went on from where it had stopped.

I was supposed to catch a plane. But I was not in Sofia but in some other, foreign city. I got at the airport on time and sat to wait. Half an hour before taking off I realized I didn’t check-in meaning I didn’t have a boarding pass, I didn’t know which gate to go to; not to mention customs and passport control. And I had no idea where to go for checking-in. I remember running around trying to find any information, asking almost every airport employee but no one knew anything. And I missed the plane. I went back home (apparently, though in a foreign city, there was a place to return to); my father was there (?????). I was hysterical, couldn’t stop crying and he said “Keep your voice down-there’s a pregnant woman in the next room” (?!?!?!?). And it was then that I woke up again. It took me awhile to realize it was just a dream; it felt too tangible and I decided to get up-I didn’t want to risk a third sequel.

I was a tough week. I guess it will take more than a weekend to stop feeling misplaced. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home