Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tense

Oh dear, I fear the Italy trip is going to be a logistic nightmare. Italians are notorious for their lighthearted attitude to punctuality-a trait that can cause an unwanted frustration to say the least when you have to race against time:

July 12th – flight Sofia-Milan; train Milan-Florence-Lucca
July 14th – train Lucca-Florence-Padova
July 15th – train Padova-Milan; flight Milan-Sofia

It doesn't look like such a big deal at first-not until I look at the timetables just to see that I’ll have to split the seconds in half and I have no idea if it can work at all because I am not sure if Italians have the same perception of how long a second lasts as I do. How am I to buy online train tickets when I have no idea if the plane will land on time? 

And it keeps on getting worse! A fresh info update: the concert on July 14th is not actually in Padova-it's in Piazzola sul Brenta which is a small town 15 km from Padova. Try to find ANY information on how to get from Padova to Piazzola sul Brenta. I found zero, nothing, niente! I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown, like literally. Never again Italy, never! Help! These concerts better be worth it.

But they will be. I only need to remember Berlin to know so. This must be just another test and I have every intention to pass it no matter the cost. As the lyrics go: dreams must be won. So be it.

  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home