Monday, January 11, 2010

Simplicity

It’s easier to divide daily chaos into black and white categories. That might seem unfair and shallow but only at first. It saves time to heap all cases in two piles than to scatter them all around and wonder how to place them so they would fit and make a picture that makes sense rather than an abstract drawing that would only make you dizzy and more confused.


But I came up with an even easier solution: put everything on the white pile and forget all that doesn’t belong there. I never thought I’d say that but with age (meaning after piling up enough of errors) I learned (at last) that it is much better to go round the stones that lie on the road than to stumble over them and lose time in cursing and recovery. The stones don’t give a shit about my inconvenience. The less I stop to yell at them the farther the road I’ll go (I don’t mind stopping for a nice chat though).


I only wish I had a direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home