Sunday, January 03, 2010

The beginning

2010 took off magnificently with spring-like warm wind, four rest days in a row, a pretty good share of coincidences (nothing that weird-just that extra spice that makes reality seem like a daydream come to life*), my first contact with “Avatar” (and because it was too unexpectedly complex for my untrained senses to comprehend at once I’m going today for a reprise; and intend to do that over and over until I know it’s enough; so far it’s far from enough), a couple of miraculously dodged "could've but didn't" brawls at home (getting wiser with age, aren’t we? or is it just fear of old age? whatever the case I’ll always be the one to step back and make the compromise-someone has to if there’s going to be peace; that’s OK with me already…most of the time). The main point is that I feel almost happy at that time of the year I usually associate with depression which by itself is the best gift I’ve ever received.


* “Those kinds of coincidences are happening all around us, all the time, but most of them don’t catch our attention and we just let them go by. It’s like fireworks in the daytime. You might hear a faint sound but even if you look up at the sky you can’t see a thing.”

Haruki Murakami, “Chance traveler”

2 Comments:

Blogger Milla said...

a couple of miraculously dodged "could've but didn't" brawls at home (getting wiser with age, aren’t we? or is it just fear of old age? whatever the case I’ll always be the one to step back and make the compromise-someone has to if there’s going to be peace; that’s OK with me already…most of the time).

MY GOD, GIRL! This fits the 'family spirit' at xmas to a T! Wonderful!

12:18 AM  
Blogger balance said...

What do you know…this year the holiday spirit indeed was a guest in our house :) We all did our best to make it feel at home and stay longer-and it did! I can only say “Well, it was about time!” :)

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home