Monday, December 28, 2009

Balance-sheet 2009

With the imminent closure of another year approaching irresistibly in the rearview mirror like an avalanche the mind inevitably highlights the best of the best as if to keep its balance in this transitional point as passing from old into new is. And here I am jotting my memorable moments from the almost to become a history 2009-a rather painful attempt to infuse some courage in me as I’m about to enter the unknown:


May 1st – Alec Empire, The Underworld, London

May 17th - Jan Garbarek Group, National Palace of Culture, Sofia

June 29th – Nine Inch Nails, Phillips Halle, Düsseldorf

June 30th – Nine Inch Nails, Berlin Arena, Berlin

July 20th – Nine Inch Nails+Alec Empire+Jane’s Addiction, Vrahon Theatre, Athens

October 29th – Alec Empire, Szene, Vienna

November 7th – Al Di Meola, Bulgaria Hall, Sofia


Not bad. I wish I did some more NIN and I should’ve; after all I knew it was the last NIN tour ever (the last one for me at least) but the European tour schedule was quite user-unfriendly and considering the uncertain global financial situation it seemed very stupid at the time to spend my entire savings (as I did in 2007) on travel expenses; even now I know I chose right but still…Oh, well, what’s done is done.


That list makes me sad-it brings to life feelings I didn’t think I was capable of; it reminds me of happiness that might never be mine again. I wish there was something else to excite me the way music does. Maybe next year I’ll find what that is .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home