Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"There is no good, no evil-only me"

People talk a lot and that’s neither good nor bad. That’s only up to one’s liking and one’s friends patience and willingness to listen. What I do find to be a bad thing is when people take themselves too seriously and assume their and their words only should be reckoned with; when they promote themselves to a godlike position and decide they have the knowledge and the privilege to judge what’s right and what’s wrong. Self-proclaimed righteousness is a scary disposition and I’m instantly taken aback by anyone who clearly thinks his/her poo smells of roses. There is no insurance against making mistakes-I of all people should know. And that is not just a figure of speech-I do think I have the right to speak of no one else but me meaning I have the right to criticize one person only: me. And only I know how merciless I can be.


Very few things are not allowed and can not be forgiven under any circumstances. Such as: destroying someone’s life for the sake of personal benefit or simply for the sake of destroying it. My primal argument against existence of God as God is portrayed in religion (any religion; the main character is one and the same and just goes by a different name). Obviously he/she (gender is a minor detail as far as I’m concerned) doesn’t exist because otherwise bad things wouldn’t happen to good people. In other words: punishment would match the misdemeanour. Is it so? Was it ever so? Nope. I suppose in the past religion served the purpose of setting moral standards. Sure, its main purpose was/still is to “keep the flock of sheep in line” and enrich the shepherds at the expense of the numerous nameless sheep. But those were times when few people were educated and basically churches were the only place they could be given guidance about what’s good and what’s evil.


Let me bring you the news: those days are long gone. As long as at least 100 years. And on the scale of an average human life that is a long time. I’m sorry but I just don’t get it how nowadays anyone with at least a grain of common sense would even consider the possibility of God let alone to believe God exists.


Heaven? Hell? Everything’s right here and right now. Does anyone really want an afterlife? I hardly cope with Part 1 and thanks, but no, thanks, I don’t need a sequel.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home