Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, dad!

Just a couple of years ago I would’ve used the rather impersonal word “father”-the formal definition of a blood relation. Hey, a couple of years ago I wouldn’t have bothered to blog about his birthday. But he changed. Must be the realization of the old age that made him conscious that his actions have consequences. Before it was “If you’re not with me you’re against me”, “You’ll do as I say so because I say so”. Now he’s more willing to listen without interrupting me; as if he respects me now, sometimes as if he even loves me. This family is cursed with the disability of showing feelings and only I know what it costs me to prove that anamnesis wrong. I wouldn’t say I’m a huge success at it though. And I wouldn’t dare to go as far as to say that I love him already but I can’t say that I don’t either. Still I regret that the change for the both of us didn’t come sooner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home