Sunday, April 12, 2009

Retrospective

People tend to exaggerate their own importance. And that is OK-it is natural, it’s human nature. But…once you see yourself as a tiny particle of dust drifted like a feather in the wind, once you realize that what happens to you will not affect the way world goes, then your own problems start to seem not that serious at all.


Something strange happened to me yesterday and I couldn’t help feeling anxious although there’s no use to worry over what may be only in your mind. And then I thought: “What’s the worst that can happen? And if it does happen will that be so tragic? And I calmed down.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Exaggerated importance is inflated ego, right? people are people, no one has a name when they're born, it is placed upon them from centuries of society structure. Any kind of living thing is a miracle, whether we're dust in the wind or commander of nations, nothing alive has an unjustified existance. If you ever feel like you're not affecting the world you ought to read up on the butterfly effect from the 'chaos' theory, i.e. a butterfly flaps its wings creating a tiny breeze in Tokyo and a week later it has snowballed into a hurricane on the opposite side of the world. We're all part of a swirling mixture of energy on the surface of this world and all of us have the power to do great things with the smallest of gestures.

What's the best that can happen?
:)

6:30 AM  
Blogger balance said...

That is one hell of a great comment, Kris! Excuse my slang talk :) Yes, I agree. One of the beauties of life is its unpredictability. It always amazes me when some small details lead to a great impact and I can verify the latter from experience. But I actually meant that life seems much more peaceful and enjoyable when one takes oneself not THAT seriously. Do I matter? I guess…but it’s not for me to tell but my friends and people I interact with daily.

What’s the best that can happen? I hope it is yet to come :)

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home